• Welcome aboard HomebuiltAirplanes.com, your destination for connecting with a thriving community of more than 10,000 active members, all passionate about home-built aviation. Dive into our comprehensive repository of knowledge, exchange technical insights, arrange get-togethers, and trade aircrafts/parts with like-minded enthusiasts. Unearth a wide-ranging collection of general and kit plane aviation subjects, enriched with engaging imagery, in-depth technical manuals, and rare archives.

For a nominal fee of $99.99/year or $12.99/month, you can immerse yourself in this dynamic community and unparalleled treasure-trove of aviation knowledge.

Embark on your journey now!

Click Here to Become a Premium Member and Experience Homebuilt Airplanes to the Fullest!

F-10 A Rudder Spar (Staple crazy)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

rbrochey

Okay I started gluing up and stapling up the rudder spar of the Falconar F 10.I have all the spruce sized and ready to go for the rudder, the stabilizer and elevator. The spar is in a jig I made from 1/2 in plywood. This design has a full web on the real side of the spar. Which is what you see in the photos. Since I have been making acoustic guitars for a long time now I have all kinds of trimmers to clean up the side. So the 1/16 ply is overhanging the 1/2 x 1/2 spruce caps. After it dries I'll take it to my bench router with a laminate trim bit. This is my first exposure to using the T 88 and my new staple gun which is nothing short of amazing... now to learn how to use it better! I did a bunch of test strips and it seems there is no issue putting the staples about and inch and a half apart... there sufficient squeeze out and a looks to be a tight bond. Since we're still living in a democracy I'll go with the majority and pull the staples! No big deal really. I do think since I'm pulling them switch from stainless steel to regular staples... I'll post another photo after I add the two webs on the other side and clean it up.. The spar is 46 inches long and 3 15/16 at its widest point.

IMG_1199.JPG
IMG_1200.JPG
IMG_1201.JPG
IMG_1202.JPG
IMG_1203.JPG

Back