• Welcome aboard HomebuiltAirplanes.com, your destination for connecting with a thriving community of more than 10,000 active members, all passionate about home-built aviation. Dive into our comprehensive repository of knowledge, exchange technical insights, arrange get-togethers, and trade aircrafts/parts with like-minded enthusiasts. Unearth a wide-ranging collection of general and kit plane aviation subjects, enriched with engaging imagery, in-depth technical manuals, and rare archives.

For a nominal fee of $99.99/year or $12.99/month, you can immerse yourself in this dynamic community and unparalleled treasure-trove of aviation knowledge.

Embark on your journey now!

Click Here to Become a Premium Member and Experience Homebuilt Airplanes to the Fullest!

Epoxy Samples

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

JohnS

I have been searching for alternatives to T-88. Firstly, because I didn't care for using it , and because I figured in thge process I'd learn something. In the course of doing so I ran across a company called Resoltech and was interested in some of their products. The product line is broad, and they are not all available here. I did find two resins listed under their Aerospace product line that are available here. There is a supplier in New Hampshire that sent me some generously sized samples of one of the resins with a fast and slow hardener. The resin was 3350 and it is very nice to work with so far. I'd compare the consistency to grease just like they say in the TD sheet. It resembles vasoline nearly identically. It also appears to be unaffected by temperature when it comes to consistency. A good shot with a heat gun changed it very little. It really resists sagging and lacks the sticky honey like characteristic that sometimes makes erpoxy a pain to use. Its almost as if its water based. It also has very little odor. At this point I'm just gluing up test blocks to see how it behaves. Resin 1070 is also available, but 3350 seems to be preferable as an adhesive, which is what I'm after right now.

The points of my post are to let you know that I spoke with the supplier and asked his permission to post here offering more free samples. So anyone interested should use the contact I will list below. I'd also be interested to see what someone capable of conducting some objective and properly designed tests would find. I'm not sure yet how these products are considered by France's equivalent of the FAA. France is where the producer is based.

I've attached the TD sheets of the two resins that can be gotten as samples.

To get samples contact Leo Coyle Sr. at PAT Products.

[email protected]

You do have to cover shipping, but it was very fair.

Thanks

John

Attachments

• DS-1070-1074.pdf
    356 KB · Views: 35
  • DS_-_3350-3357T_3358T.pdf
    643.7 KB · Views: 36
Last edited:
Back