• Welcome aboard HomebuiltAirplanes.com, your destination for connecting with a thriving community of more than 10,000 active members, all passionate about home-built aviation. Dive into our comprehensive repository of knowledge, exchange technical insights, arrange get-togethers, and trade aircrafts/parts with like-minded enthusiasts. Unearth a wide-ranging collection of general and kit plane aviation subjects, enriched with engaging imagery, in-depth technical manuals, and rare archives.

For a nominal fee of $99.99/year or $12.99/month, you can immerse yourself in this dynamic community and unparalleled treasure-trove of aviation knowledge.

Embark on your journey now!

Click Here to Become a Premium Member and Experience Homebuilt Airplanes to the Fullest!

Is Anyone Else Building Two Planes at The Same Time? Cygnet and Fly Baby

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

rbrochey

I was losing what's left of my mind trying to decide which plane to build so I'm going to build both the Cygnet and the Fly Baby. The Fly Baby has always been one of my favorite planes and really like the Cygnet too, but for different reasons. Am I crazy? No, not long ago I visited a Native American on the Isleta Pueblo reservation who I learned was building a Thatcher, and I wanted to see it. I called, went to his shop and he showed me how he was building it... then on the other side of the shop I saw the beginnings of a fuselage... "What's that?" It's a Fly Baby. I'm building both planes at the same time, it makes more sense that way since I want both. Okay so there you have. I sent for my Fly Baby plans and soon there be two long benches in my shop instead of one.. :ponder:

Back