• Welcome aboard HomebuiltAirplanes.com, your destination for connecting with a thriving community of more than 10,000 active members, all passionate about home-built aviation. Dive into our comprehensive repository of knowledge, exchange technical insights, arrange get-togethers, and trade aircrafts/parts with like-minded enthusiasts. Unearth a wide-ranging collection of general and kit plane aviation subjects, enriched with engaging imagery, in-depth technical manuals, and rare archives.

For a nominal fee of $99.99/year or $12.99/month, you can immerse yourself in this dynamic community and unparalleled treasure-trove of aviation knowledge.

Embark on your journey now!

Click Here to Become a Premium Member and Experience Homebuilt Airplanes to the Fullest!

Looking for Harolds Wickwire's HM290

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

erkki67

I believe that it was about 10-15 years ago, a Gentlemen named Harold Wickwire, had built his own version of a HM290.

Mr. Wickwire do live or did live then in the New York area, but I'm not sure.

For those of you not familiar with the nomination, it was a flying flea, thus a 2 axis controlled little flyer.

The speciality of Mr. Wickwires plane was, that it was built fairly narrow, because the gentleman had difficulties with his knees to sit in a fuselage, so he decides to built it to sit on top.

He sent me back then, a neat picture and a sketch of his fuselage of the plane, which I can't find in my documentation anymore, so I must have it lent somewhere and it never found it's way back to me.

Does someone here have access to the picture and the sketch of the fuselage and could scan it for me, it would be a big help?

best rgds

Erkki

Back