• Welcome aboard HomebuiltAirplanes.com, your destination for connecting with a thriving community of more than 10,000 active members, all passionate about home-built aviation. Dive into our comprehensive repository of knowledge, exchange technical insights, arrange get-togethers, and trade aircrafts/parts with like-minded enthusiasts. Unearth a wide-ranging collection of general and kit plane aviation subjects, enriched with engaging imagery, in-depth technical manuals, and rare archives.

For a nominal fee of $99.99/year or $12.99/month, you can immerse yourself in this dynamic community and unparalleled treasure-trove of aviation knowledge.

Embark on your journey now!

Click Here to Become a Premium Member and Experience Homebuilt Airplanes to the Fullest!

Steve Scarbrough Moasi and Chindi

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

spduffee

hen I was reviewing the thread "21st Century Volksplane" I saw the bit about the Squirrel, which then led to Steve Scarbrough's Moasi site ( CHINDI). He diverged from the Squirrel construction of wood, foam and fiberglas and opted for plywood, glue sandwiched between aluminum. First, his designs are very fine, especially the Chindi a Spitfire-like design. Does anyone know what happened to Mr Scarbrough? Is he still active? Did his designs ever actually fly? Is his proposed construction method plausible? It all seems to go against the norm.Moasi I.jpgMoasi II section.jpgChindi.jpgChindi sections.jpg

Last edited:
Back