• Welcome aboard HomebuiltAirplanes.com, your destination for connecting with a thriving community of more than 10,000 active members, all passionate about home-built aviation. Dive into our comprehensive repository of knowledge, exchange technical insights, arrange get-togethers, and trade aircrafts/parts with like-minded enthusiasts. Unearth a wide-ranging collection of general and kit plane aviation subjects, enriched with engaging imagery, in-depth technical manuals, and rare archives.

For a nominal fee of $99.99/year or $12.99/month, you can immerse yourself in this dynamic community and unparalleled treasure-trove of aviation knowledge.

Embark on your journey now!

Click Here to Become a Premium Member and Experience Homebuilt Airplanes to the Fullest!

Picking up where other left off & CP-328 Question.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Hello,

There is a CP-328 project near me being sold by someone who is not a pilot that ended up with it when a friend passed away. I plan to see ti this week. I am told. that the wing is done but not covered (probably a good thing) the gear, brakes tires and such are there as well. He has all the wood to build the fuselage and tail feathers, but it sounds like the work was not started yet. The plans are a bit faded due top age. The wing has been kept indoors and he says its in perfect shape. I forgot to ask if it is a 3 piece or one piece wing as I have seen there is a 3 piece plan mod available. I asked if he had any of the cans of glue from the previous owner, and he thinks he does so I should at lest be able to tell what it was built with. There is no engine... My Fiance is french so she can help translate any plan issues I have...

My main concern is how well it was built and what glue was used. My next concern is that he thinks the construction is in the 20yr old range. If the wing is in as good a shape as he says, are there any concerns of adding parts and bonding new construction to assemblies of older construction. I have been working on an eaa club project for the last few years so I know what I would be getting into. My skills in wood are pretty good as I use to design and build R/C sailplanes, Id carve my own fuselage plugs, hotwire cut and vac bag my own fully composite wings and such. Only drawback is the tools at my EAA location are geared more toward metalwork over wood. Is there a good book or website location I can go to that has some insights on building aircraft from wood...

Any chance there is an Emeraude in the Los Angeles area I can have a look at, in progress or flying is fine...

Back