• Welcome aboard HomebuiltAirplanes.com, your destination for connecting with a thriving community of more than 10,000 active members, all passionate about home-built aviation. Dive into our comprehensive repository of knowledge, exchange technical insights, arrange get-togethers, and trade aircrafts/parts with like-minded enthusiasts. Unearth a wide-ranging collection of general and kit plane aviation subjects, enriched with engaging imagery, in-depth technical manuals, and rare archives.

For a nominal fee of $99.99/year or $12.99/month, you can immerse yourself in this dynamic community and unparalleled treasure-trove of aviation knowledge.

Embark on your journey now!

Click Here to Become a Premium Member and Experience Homebuilt Airplanes to the Fullest!

Dormoy bathtub aileron control

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Flyingboyke

Hello fellow builders

I wasn't really sure where to put this exactly but since my wing is made out of wood I put it here :). I've made quite some progress since the last time I posted here. The ailerons are finished and I'm looking into the control cables and pullies.
fittedribs.jpgP10800882.jpg

I am not sure how the cable system works. I understand stick to the right = pulling on the top part of the control horn = aileron up. And stick to the left the way around. (assuming cable attachment below stick hinge point)
But what is the most common way to do this? Come down with two cables on each side or one at each side and connect the top pulleys with each other? Because if the latter is the case I should go through my fuel tank and some other obstructions with my cable, which is not shown in the plans.
In the plans it is shown that the bathtub aileron cables come down via the lift strut. But they are unclear about the amount of cables and connections. So can anyone help me on this matter?

Thank you
More info about my project on : http://gammes.wix.com/bathtub

Back