• Welcome aboard HomebuiltAirplanes.com, your destination for connecting with a thriving community of more than 10,000 active members, all passionate about home-built aviation. Dive into our comprehensive repository of knowledge, exchange technical insights, arrange get-togethers, and trade aircrafts/parts with like-minded enthusiasts. Unearth a wide-ranging collection of general and kit plane aviation subjects, enriched with engaging imagery, in-depth technical manuals, and rare archives.

For a nominal fee of $99.99/year or $12.99/month, you can immerse yourself in this dynamic community and unparalleled treasure-trove of aviation knowledge.

Embark on your journey now!

Click Here to Become a Premium Member and Experience Homebuilt Airplanes to the Fullest!

Elmwood Christavia MK4 Wing design: How strong are those wings??

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Hi,
Considering the kinda rare Elmwood Christavia MK4, Does anybody know how strong those wings really are??
The wooden Spars look HUGE and are tall and Thick. How much horsepower can they take? who has built one of these with how much horsepower and engine?
Whats Vne speed on the design? Where is the Maneuvering speed? How much margin is there? Whats the design gross weight?
I know about the sale of plans by Spruce and dont want to spend without knowing!
And I know there is a Yahoo-group but I hate yahoo and could never make any of them things work...
Wood spar strength is depending on wood quality etc for sure, but what is stated on the MK4 and how are those that are out there?
Best Regards,
TheAlaskaGerman

Back