• Welcome aboard HomebuiltAirplanes.com, your destination for connecting with a thriving community of more than 10,000 active members, all passionate about home-built aviation. Dive into our comprehensive repository of knowledge, exchange technical insights, arrange get-togethers, and trade aircrafts/parts with like-minded enthusiasts. Unearth a wide-ranging collection of general and kit plane aviation subjects, enriched with engaging imagery, in-depth technical manuals, and rare archives.

For a nominal fee of $99.99/year or $12.99/month, you can immerse yourself in this dynamic community and unparalleled treasure-trove of aviation knowledge.

Embark on your journey now!

Click Here to Become a Premium Member and Experience Homebuilt Airplanes to the Fullest!

wing root straps glued to spar?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Brian Clayton

It doesnt specify in my plans (Ragwing RW7), but I have seen it mentioned here and there. Should the wing root straps (wing attach fittings) be epoxied to the spars along with the bolts?

One issue I have that I have not figured out a good fix for yet. My spar carry thrus in the fuse are set at 90 deg to the lower longeron. When you set the AOI in the wing, you end up with a tapered gap under the wing root fittings. I put my fittings on the insides of the front and rear spars to ensure they would fit inside the spar carry thrus when the AOI is set, but of course I end up with a tapered gap where they meet the carry thrus. The obvious thing is a wedge made from ply or alum epoxied in, but???

Back