• Welcome aboard HomebuiltAirplanes.com, your destination for connecting with a thriving community of more than 10,000 active members, all passionate about home-built aviation. Dive into our comprehensive repository of knowledge, exchange technical insights, arrange get-togethers, and trade aircrafts/parts with like-minded enthusiasts. Unearth a wide-ranging collection of general and kit plane aviation subjects, enriched with engaging imagery, in-depth technical manuals, and rare archives.

For a nominal fee of $99.99/year or $12.99/month, you can immerse yourself in this dynamic community and unparalleled treasure-trove of aviation knowledge.

Embark on your journey now!

Click Here to Become a Premium Member and Experience Homebuilt Airplanes to the Fullest!

Volksplane VP-2 or Fisher Flying Products Dakota Hawk?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

mike.vp2

Hello builders, I am starting a project and I want to make sure I decided to build the right aircraft. I made my choices basicly down to 2 types: Volksplane VP-2 or Fisher Flying Products Dakota Hawk.
I know they are different types, but I like some things on each one.
On VP-2 I like its simplicity. I studied the plans and it looks really easy to build. It is not very speedy though.
On the other hand Dakota Hawk looks nicer, is faster, but its more complicated to build.
I want to use Great Plains 2300cc VW engine or Limbach 2000 (also VW conversion).

Anyone has some experience in any of theese types? Which one do you like more?

Back