• Welcome aboard HomebuiltAirplanes.com, your destination for connecting with a thriving community of more than 10,000 active members, all passionate about home-built aviation. Dive into our comprehensive repository of knowledge, exchange technical insights, arrange get-togethers, and trade aircrafts/parts with like-minded enthusiasts. Unearth a wide-ranging collection of general and kit plane aviation subjects, enriched with engaging imagery, in-depth technical manuals, and rare archives.

For a nominal fee of $99.99/year or $12.99/month, you can immerse yourself in this dynamic community and unparalleled treasure-trove of aviation knowledge.

Embark on your journey now!

Click Here to Become a Premium Member and Experience Homebuilt Airplanes to the Fullest!

Looking for project suggestions- Easy build, low HP.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

darrenb

I'm looking for a project to get started on, and am looking for some ideas. I'm looking for something that will fly on low HP. Low as in 25hp or less. Also looking for something that is relatively simple to build. By simple I mean no complicated jigs to make, and no specialized tools needed. I'm just looking for something to kill a little time (and money). I have a set of plans for a minimax, but not really wanting to go that way. I have plans for a flying flea, but after reading up on them, I would need more hp than what I'm wanting to use. Lastly, I have a set of plans for a skypup, but I'm down in south Georgia, and the required foam is very difficult to locate locally. So, my question... what other plans are out there that I'm overlooking? I'm only interested in single place aircraft, and as close to FAR103 legal as possible.
Thanks in advance!
Darren

Back