• Welcome aboard HomebuiltAirplanes.com, your destination for connecting with a thriving community of more than 10,000 active members, all passionate about home-built aviation. Dive into our comprehensive repository of knowledge, exchange technical insights, arrange get-togethers, and trade aircrafts/parts with like-minded enthusiasts. Unearth a wide-ranging collection of general and kit plane aviation subjects, enriched with engaging imagery, in-depth technical manuals, and rare archives.

For a nominal fee of $99.99/year or $12.99/month, you can immerse yourself in this dynamic community and unparalleled treasure-trove of aviation knowledge.

Embark on your journey now!

Click Here to Become a Premium Member and Experience Homebuilt Airplanes to the Fullest!

Wing strut question ?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

topspeed100

I realised that making a slow long spanning high ar wing on am aerial scooter of my own design I need wing struts to save weight in the wing.

My question is as follows.

Many ac seem to have the strut attached from one point at the top ( wing ) and at one point at the bottom ( fuse ). Is it possible to form the strut profile so that it has also small lifting effect...and for its possible pitch moment the both ends could be attatched from corners...so instead of 2 point attachment it could have 4 point. Both ends would be hidden under a fairing so the locks and bolts werent visible in the slipstream.

Is this plausible or been done already ?

:think:

Back