• Welcome aboard HomebuiltAirplanes.com, your destination for connecting with a thriving community of more than 10,000 active members, all passionate about home-built aviation. Dive into our comprehensive repository of knowledge, exchange technical insights, arrange get-togethers, and trade aircrafts/parts with like-minded enthusiasts. Unearth a wide-ranging collection of general and kit plane aviation subjects, enriched with engaging imagery, in-depth technical manuals, and rare archives.

For a nominal fee of $99.99/year or $12.99/month, you can immerse yourself in this dynamic community and unparalleled treasure-trove of aviation knowledge.

Embark on your journey now!

Click Here to Become a Premium Member and Experience Homebuilt Airplanes to the Fullest!

New guy seeks advice

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

cricko

Greeting everyone. I am new to the aviation world, and have recently aquired my first project plane. It is a Leohle Sport parasol, with some damage near the tail. I am hoping to spend this winter rebuilding it, as I work on learning to fly it, and hopefully, next year I will be flying my own plane! I am presently seeking advice on which wood, dope, fabric, and paint to use. I would also love some help in finding literature on repairing wood aircraft. I do have friends who have built planes, but they can offer me limited help, and I hate to be a constant bother to them. I'm glad I found this site! Here's a picture of my plane before it was damaged.

leohle.jpg

Back