• Welcome aboard HomebuiltAirplanes.com, your destination for connecting with a thriving community of more than 10,000 active members, all passionate about home-built aviation. Dive into our comprehensive repository of knowledge, exchange technical insights, arrange get-togethers, and trade aircrafts/parts with like-minded enthusiasts. Unearth a wide-ranging collection of general and kit plane aviation subjects, enriched with engaging imagery, in-depth technical manuals, and rare archives.

For a nominal fee of $99.99/year or $12.99/month, you can immerse yourself in this dynamic community and unparalleled treasure-trove of aviation knowledge.

Embark on your journey now!

Click Here to Become a Premium Member and Experience Homebuilt Airplanes to the Fullest!

P-51 Mustang Restoration Pictures

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Tom Kay

Hi;

I am interested in learning all I can about the internal structure of the P-51D Mustang. I'd mostly like details about the wing spars, ribs, stringers, skins and the exact same info for the fuselage (fuse frames, not ribs).

You'd think that in the age of Google it would be pretty easy to dig up info on this, but it's not proving to be as fruitful as I'd hoped. I have certainly tried. Maybe with the popularity of the Mustang it's a case of information overload.

So, does anyone have links to Mustang restoration projects, specifically the D-model? There is one site about an H-model being restored, but they are significantly different, so I'd like to stay away from the P-51H.

Or, does anyone have a DVD library of D-model technical drawings or internal airframe views, that they would be willing to copy and share? Even 3-View drawings on the internet would be a good start.

I know there are restoration pictures on the web, I just can't find them with the searches that I'm doing. I seem to have no problem finding similar info on the Spitfire. I was given 2 DVD's with 3000 tech drawings of most Spit variants, and these drawings have proven to be enormously helpful in getting to know the Spitfire. A similar resource for the Mustang would be prefect.

Thanks to all who can assist. I intend to post this request in another Historic Aviation website to duplicate my search efforts.

Tom Kay, Ottawa Canada.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back