+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Marcel Jurca Aircraft Plans

Marcel Jurca Aircraft Plans

We are proud to offer to the aviation community the Aircraft Plans of the late Marcel Jurca. When Marcel's good friend, Ken Heit USA supplier of Jurca Plans, passed away in October 2005, the drawings became unavailable to the USA. With great request, Ken's daughter Pamela brought them back for sale to keep Marcel's and her dad's legacies alive. We here at Legend Of Aces are proud to be sponsored in part by Jurca Plans. Please visit our website at Legend Of Aces Aviation. Plans are made available through this web site. Below is an artical about us in the EAA Replica Fighters magazine.

Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Marcel Jurca Aircraft Plans-artical.jpg   Marcel Jurca Aircraft Plans-artical-001.jpg  

Re: Marcel Jurca Aircraft Plans

I should have bought the plans from Ken when I had the chance, they were only 1400.00 in 2004. Six years latter now they are 2800, this is a little to much for me, yea yea if you cant afford the plans etc etc etc, who said I couldnt afford the plans. Anyway how much are the plans if you buy them from marcel-jurca.com ??

What about Tempete plans? Are they still available?

That is a really nice flying, all wood aerobatic low wing 65 Cont. powered plane. It is single place and doesn't really look like a fighter but a great little plane.
    Wally

Has anyone ever seen or know anything more about the Jurca 75% scale P-40? I've searched high and low, but can't find anything other than what is on the OP's site, and the bird is not even listed or even mentioned on Jurca's French site.

I'd love a bit more info on an otherwise very very interesting looking project.....

Here is the web site to buy the plans, you need to read the ridiculous disclaimer you have to sign.....http://www.legendofaces.com/Aviation...#37;20Home.htm

AVI

Quote Originally Posted by bundysax View Post
    ..... you need to read the ridiculous disclaimer you have to sign.....
    Yeah, you're right. It is ridiculous.
    Their disclaimer is a direct contradiction to the contract they insist plans buyers sign. Who in their right mind would agree to such crazy terms? Caveat Emptor.
    Last edited by AVI; September 4th, 2009 at 11:49 AM.
    Iceman

Yep, I wont be buying them from the people here in the usa, perhaps I will get in contact with the guys in Europe Avions - Marcel Jurca - Aircraft - Accueil

i don't believe the Marcel Jurca people in Europe will sell anyone the replica plans at this point.

really what doesn't have a ridiculous disclaimer anymore? (example the Satloc GPS in my spray plane has a large placard stating "this GPS not to be used for navigational information" pulease)

as far as price $2500 for the full scale replica plans(not 2800) is what about 1% of what you will realistically spend on a project of that nature? the 75% plans are $850 but my 198(7)? Kitplanes plans directory says they were $500 back then so 3% annual inflation and 22yrs puts them right about the current price.

anyway i bought the 75% P-40 plans about a month ago and will start it someday maybe, the almost completed P-40 project on barnstormers.com a while back was very interesting but i was too busy at the time to check it out in person and it sold in the meantime.

I bought a set of the Jurca 3/4 P40 plans 10 years ago from Jurca for $300 dollars and thought that was a lot. The plans are mixed in metric and english units. It is not a set for a beginner and if the same set not worth $2500! Every thing firewall forward has to designed by the builder. But it is the only thing out there. Hoping to build it someday with a LS2 conversion.
    Check yr 6

i bought my p-40 plans last Aug for $850, i was kinda shocked to see the price increase to $1850 after that. i would probably still buy them at the higher price since there are no other options if that's the aircraft you want.

$1850 for the 75% Spit plans? Thanks anyway, but I'll stick with the Tally-Ho guys.
    "Aviation or Flying, take your choice. There is nothing in all the world quite like either one of them."
    -Richard Bach,
    Aviation or Flying? Take your pick

+ Reply to Thread