• Welcome aboard HomebuiltAirplanes.com, your destination for connecting with a thriving community of more than 10,000 active members, all passionate about home-built aviation. Dive into our comprehensive repository of knowledge, exchange technical insights, arrange get-togethers, and trade aircrafts/parts with like-minded enthusiasts. Unearth a wide-ranging collection of general and kit plane aviation subjects, enriched with engaging imagery, in-depth technical manuals, and rare archives.

For a nominal fee of $99.99/year or $12.99/month, you can immerse yourself in this dynamic community and unparalleled treasure-trove of aviation knowledge.

Embark on your journey now!

Click Here to Become a Premium Member and Experience Homebuilt Airplanes to the Fullest!

Corsair Restoration Using 3d Printing

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Will Aldridge

Ran across this a few years ago and never posted it and forgot where I saw it. Ive been listening to those who say that 3d printing has no practical applications and that made me want to post it and when I came across it yesterday by accident I decided it was time.

They have used 3d printing to refurbish engine parts that were worn past the point of being useful. One of the videos also shows them adding material to a wing fold hinge that can then be machined down to factory new condition. They've probably done more than that but I've only seen some of the videos they've posted.

Really cool stuff. Now a lot of the parts we thought were trash have a new lease on life, and our favorite warbirds will stay in the air a little longer.

Here is their facebook page: https://www.facebook.com/pages/Connecticut-Corsair/212625162104456

and some youtube videos

And as a bonus they run an R-4360 up at the end of the first video.

Last edited by a moderator:
Back