• Welcome aboard HomebuiltAirplanes.com, your destination for connecting with a thriving community of more than 10,000 active members, all passionate about home-built aviation. Dive into our comprehensive repository of knowledge, exchange technical insights, arrange get-togethers, and trade aircrafts/parts with like-minded enthusiasts. Unearth a wide-ranging collection of general and kit plane aviation subjects, enriched with engaging imagery, in-depth technical manuals, and rare archives.

For a nominal fee of $99.99/year or $12.99/month, you can immerse yourself in this dynamic community and unparalleled treasure-trove of aviation knowledge.

Embark on your journey now!

Click Here to Become a Premium Member and Experience Homebuilt Airplanes to the Fullest!

Warplanes in the Sea

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

etard

While watching a documentary about the Corsair F4U, I was appalled to learn that the British Navy just dumped their remaining Corsairs overboard to avoid paying for them after WWII. Upon further investigation on the subject I was even more disheartened to learn that the USA may have done a similar deed by bulldozing 100's of P-47 and P-38's off cliffs into the sea.

I'm wondering if any of you guys have gone to down and investigated any of these ocean floor reefs. I think I'm going to put a few on my bucket list.

From this website: Ghostly underwater graveyards - spooktacular | YouTravel.com.au - Travel News, Travel Reviews, Hotel Reviews

I see there is a Corsair off Oahu, Hawaii that would be at the top of the list.

Attachments

• Corsair-2-600x450.jpg
    Corsair-2-600x450.jpg
    51 KB · Views: 204
Back