• Welcome aboard HomebuiltAirplanes.com, your destination for connecting with a thriving community of more than 10,000 active members, all passionate about home-built aviation. Dive into our comprehensive repository of knowledge, exchange technical insights, arrange get-togethers, and trade aircrafts/parts with like-minded enthusiasts. Unearth a wide-ranging collection of general and kit plane aviation subjects, enriched with engaging imagery, in-depth technical manuals, and rare archives.

For a nominal fee of $99.99/year or $12.99/month, you can immerse yourself in this dynamic community and unparalleled treasure-trove of aviation knowledge.

Embark on your journey now!

Click Here to Become a Premium Member and Experience Homebuilt Airplanes to the Fullest!

Building a 1:2 spitfire?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Brody

Newbie here. Spitfire were great flying planes and I was wondering if using composites if it would be possible to create a 1:2 scale spitfire. Most of them was single seater. They had a length of 29 feet and a wingspan of 36 feet. If I were to half the size of it would be 14.5 feet in length and 18 feet wingspan. That would be a plausible single seater. I would probably want the weight around 500-1,000 pounds. I would suspect using the composites we have now with the latest tech could make that range of weight possible. Im not suspecting to do stunts in it and go highspeed flying but rather to have a fun recreational feeling of what it was like to fly a ww2 plane, but smaller.

Is this idea plausible?

Back