• Welcome aboard HomebuiltAirplanes.com, your destination for connecting with a thriving community of more than 10,000 active members, all passionate about home-built aviation. Dive into our comprehensive repository of knowledge, exchange technical insights, arrange get-togethers, and trade aircrafts/parts with like-minded enthusiasts. Unearth a wide-ranging collection of general and kit plane aviation subjects, enriched with engaging imagery, in-depth technical manuals, and rare archives.

For a nominal fee of $99.99/year or $12.99/month, you can immerse yourself in this dynamic community and unparalleled treasure-trove of aviation knowledge.

Embark on your journey now!

Click Here to Become a Premium Member and Experience Homebuilt Airplanes to the Fullest!

Suggestions on a replica Plans built

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

DanielLogan

G'day all, I am on the scout for the best scale replica aircraft built from plans!. I have fallen in love with the Tally-ho spitfire, but I cant seem to get a hold of the guys who were producing it. Just for a little background, im 20 and a third year apprentice aircraft maintenance engineer in Sydney Australia. My boss has built and restored many different aircraft in the past so is a wealth of knowledge and support. I need plans built so I can spread the cost out and only buy materials when I need them, I meen really have you seen the price of kits? crazy, but I am keen on starting to build. So, my question is, what are peoples thoughts on the best scale PLANS built aircraft out there? I have been reading some stuff about the S-51? and the SAL 51. Would anyone know where these plans can be purchased? and how good are they to build from? I am also after infomation as to how easy plans are to follow, im not sure if its true but ive heard the MJ series of aircraft are a bit hard to follow. Any help and suggestions or infomation on where to research or buy plans would be great, thankyou very much for your time, what a great website this is! Daniel

Back