+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 7 1234567 LastLast

Thread: Bounsall Super Prospector

Bounsall Super Prospector

Bounsall Super Prospector

Has anyone here had experence with the Bounsall Super Prospector plane? It's a plans' only design/build for a VW that's a single seater. The Plan's appear to be inexpensive at $55.00 but how detailed are they?

This project look's a lot like the J3 Kitten, Perceptor N-3 Pup and like build's but show's a higher GW (800#and cruise speed (90 MPH). At this point I'm only curious but at $55.00 I might consider purchasing the plans in order to compair them with J3 Kitten plans.

Regard's

Joe

Re: Bounsall Super Prospector

I tried to find plans for this airplane years ago. I could not find them. Someone told me it was a dead project.
    I like the looks and VW power. Not a bad price for plans.
    Thanks for the link.

Steve

I researched this plane awhile ago. Talked to a guy selling one he built. He liked it of course. Plans were crude at that time but I see they are redrawn to a new standard. It seemed like a decent design. Its cute as they come too!

it says its built from simple building materials. Does that mean the normal simple building material every other plane uses, or does the design take in effect lower quality materials that you can find around locally?

Quote Originally Posted by K-Rigg View Post
    it says its built from simple building materials. Does that mean the normal simple building material every other plane uses, or does the design take in effect lower quality materials that you can find around locally?
    It's always meant "simple aircraft-quality building materials," that I've seen. Nobody in their right mind would sell plans for an airplane built from 'Home Depot' materials, IMO. There's not enough quality-control of the materials in such places to make them even remotely suitable for aircraft construction, and you can't count on each and every person who buys your plans to be a) qualified and b) diligent enough to pore through piles of wood in a warehouse store, just to find the one or two pieces that might actually be okay. It's too much of a risk to take for any business. One crash and you're sued into oblivion, even though it's the builder who picked the unsuitable piece of wood.
    "If you have built castles in the air, your work need not be lost; that is where they should be. Now put the foundations under them." - Henry James Thoreau
    Member of the Lake Elsinore Soaring Club.

I agree with Topaz on the material's involved with a build such as this. W/O a doubt we're looking at a welded fuselage, wood spar and rib's here. So I'd say the "simple part's" mean's common tube and fabric aircraft building material's.

Ah, SWEET!!!

I remember seeing it in a kitplane directory years ago, and really liked the look (and capacity... I'm 6'4" and 310 lbs, hard to find a cheap ride for me). Now I gotta make sure he's legit, and maybe pick up a set.
    Thanks!
    "I drank WHAT???"

--Socrates

Gentlemen, it's nice to see the interests is still out there for my fathers design. I am working on getting it back out there to everyone. You can order the plans and read more about it at www.kitplaneprospector.com Hope to hear from you soon. David Bounsall

Gentlemen, it's nice to see the interests is still out there for my fathers design. I am working on getting it back out there to everyone. You can order the plans and read more about it at www.kitplaneprospector.com Hope to hear from you soon. David Bounsall

I'm very interested, and I'm wondering, given my aforementioned physical traits (6'4 and 310), whether the airplane will really be able to handle me.
    Also, I've no experience with welding (yet, that is... this might be a great reason to learn) so it's an unfamiliar construction method for me. It would also be comforting to see some video of the airplane in various phases of flight... mostly taking off and landing.

I love the idea of the aerial ORV, though, and it'd be perfect for beating up the state of Arkansas. We have lots of little grass strips around here.
    "I drank WHAT???"

--Socrates

David has a set of plans available on ebay for $49 which includes freight. I'm not sure if $6 would tip the scales for anyone else but it might for me as I'm pretty frugal.

I ordered plans from David's site on September 7th. I have still not recieved the plans after repeated emails to him. Now I will attempt to get a refund. I doubt I will ever get the plans or the money back. I will post results on this thread. Shame on you David!

Steve

David

After many emails and many excuses and months of waiting still no plans or refund. Now you won't respond to my emails David what's up? Is 55 dollars really worth reputation you and your Dads name will inherit in the aviation community. Your little scam has the class of an armed robber jacken a convenience store for 15 bucks. On second thought David keep your non-existent plans and the 55 dollars. I sure don't need the money as badly as you do.

James

Hi,
    I'm new to the group and saw your question about the Bounsall.
    I purchased a set in the mid 90's and then found out there was no help on questions.
    I redrew the plans on AutoCad and made some additions.
    Did you ever get your plans.
    If you would like a copy (free) let me know.
    Last edited by okplanes; December 27th, 2009 at 09:49 PM.

From what it looks like... the guys Ripped off several people...
    Post those prints on some of the Free sites...

Serves them right...
    Gotta Fly...

Quote Originally Posted by okplanes View Post
    Hi,
    I'm new to the group and saw your question about the Bounsall.
    I purchased a set in the mid 90's and then found out there was no help on questions.
    I redrew the plans on AutoCad and made some additions.
    Did you ever get your plans.
    If you would like a copy (free) let me know.
    Jerry Parker
    jparker11@suddenlink.net

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 7 1234567 LastLast