• Welcome aboard HomebuiltAirplanes.com, your destination for connecting with a thriving community of more than 10,000 active members, all passionate about home-built aviation. Dive into our comprehensive repository of knowledge, exchange technical insights, arrange get-togethers, and trade aircrafts/parts with like-minded enthusiasts. Unearth a wide-ranging collection of general and kit plane aviation subjects, enriched with engaging imagery, in-depth technical manuals, and rare archives.

For a nominal fee of $99.99/year or $12.99/month, you can immerse yourself in this dynamic community and unparalleled treasure-trove of aviation knowledge.

Embark on your journey now!

Click Here to Become a Premium Member and Experience Homebuilt Airplanes to the Fullest!

Wood ribs and ply D-tube question

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

wsimpso1

Super Moderator
Staff member
A few questions on wooden wings - these are far from my area of expertise, and I am trying to gain a little knowledge.

In a wing with wooden ribs and a ply covered D-tube, fabric over everything, do you inlet the ribs so that the plywood is flush with the rest of the wing?

If you leave the cap strips straight and let the plywood sit proud, do you taper the trailing edge of the plywood?

I have seen folks scallop the ply, extending back further over the ribs than in-between. Does this do anything but add style points?

Thanks for looking... Billski

Back