• Welcome aboard HomebuiltAirplanes.com, your destination for connecting with a thriving community of more than 10,000 active members, all passionate about home-built aviation. Dive into our comprehensive repository of knowledge, exchange technical insights, arrange get-togethers, and trade aircrafts/parts with like-minded enthusiasts. Unearth a wide-ranging collection of general and kit plane aviation subjects, enriched with engaging imagery, in-depth technical manuals, and rare archives.

For a nominal fee of $99.99/year or $12.99/month, you can immerse yourself in this dynamic community and unparalleled treasure-trove of aviation knowledge.

Embark on your journey now!

Click Here to Become a Premium Member and Experience Homebuilt Airplanes to the Fullest!

Source Bare RG60

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

JohnS

Hello all

I just wanted to pass this along.

I read all that I can and decided to use RG60 for my Legal Eagle project. I just got a little worried that RG65 would not be ductile enough and saw a lot of testimonial by people that worked for larger scale builders that said they used RG60. I had some trouble finding it bare, but eventually found it at Calicows welding supply in TX. They said its manufactured by American Filler Metals which appears to make it here in the US. Its not stamped and comes well oiled. $3.50 a pound. So seems to be quality at a fair price. I like the way it welds. It may very well be in my head (and I mean it) but I feel like bare wire welds a little nicer.

Back