• Welcome aboard HomebuiltAirplanes.com, your destination for connecting with a thriving community of more than 10,000 active members, all passionate about home-built aviation. Dive into our comprehensive repository of knowledge, exchange technical insights, arrange get-togethers, and trade aircrafts/parts with like-minded enthusiasts. Unearth a wide-ranging collection of general and kit plane aviation subjects, enriched with engaging imagery, in-depth technical manuals, and rare archives.

For a nominal fee of $99.99/year or $12.99/month, you can immerse yourself in this dynamic community and unparalleled treasure-trove of aviation knowledge.

Embark on your journey now!

Click Here to Become a Premium Member and Experience Homebuilt Airplanes to the Fullest!

Need help from Affordaplane builders

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Hi everyone,
I haven't posted in awhile, but I've been running out of projects and decided that I might want to try building the Afford a plane. I got the plans a good while back (I think I payed under $5) and they seem to be good, but I have a couple of questions. First I intend to start with making the rudder or elevator since they should both be cheap, and also I get to see if I like it or not, and it shouldn't take up much space. So My question is that in the plans .pdf the instructions say to use pop rivets on the rudder and elevator, but I failed to find what size pop rivets. If anyone knows what pop rivets are used on those locations I would love to know, but there is no rush I'm mainly doing this to try to keep my need to build something down awhile. Thanks for your time in advance!

Back