• Welcome aboard HomebuiltAirplanes.com, your destination for connecting with a thriving community of more than 10,000 active members, all passionate about home-built aviation. Dive into our comprehensive repository of knowledge, exchange technical insights, arrange get-togethers, and trade aircrafts/parts with like-minded enthusiasts. Unearth a wide-ranging collection of general and kit plane aviation subjects, enriched with engaging imagery, in-depth technical manuals, and rare archives.

For a nominal fee of $99.99/year or $12.99/month, you can immerse yourself in this dynamic community and unparalleled treasure-trove of aviation knowledge.

Embark on your journey now!

Click Here to Become a Premium Member and Experience Homebuilt Airplanes to the Fullest!

Viking Cygnet Build- Tube Fuselage First

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

rbrochey

Hello, I received the build plans from Viking last week and have been studying them. I'm thinking I will build the tube fuselage first, although I may work on a couple other things. So I'm converting part of my shop for welding, but may do it outside in a protective enclosure. Haven't welded anything in a long long time but will take a few lessons to get back up to speed. I will be asking for some advice occasionally! I've decided to use oxyacetylene since it is a better choice for me here on our little horse property (gates and stuff to weld) so more mobile is better. I've been shopping for tubing and looks like Wicks has some relevant (sort of) kits that will work for the Cygnet. This project will move a little slow in the beginning but that's okay. The plans look great and I may go with the fold back wings option. Any advice from the pros on here would be appreciated. Here's a photo of the fuselage from the Viking site. Thanks!

cygnet fuselage.jpg

Last edited:
Back