• Welcome aboard HomebuiltAirplanes.com, your destination for connecting with a thriving community of more than 10,000 active members, all passionate about home-built aviation. Dive into our comprehensive repository of knowledge, exchange technical insights, arrange get-togethers, and trade aircrafts/parts with like-minded enthusiasts. Unearth a wide-ranging collection of general and kit plane aviation subjects, enriched with engaging imagery, in-depth technical manuals, and rare archives.

For a nominal fee of $99.99/year or $12.99/month, you can immerse yourself in this dynamic community and unparalleled treasure-trove of aviation knowledge.

Embark on your journey now!

Click Here to Become a Premium Member and Experience Homebuilt Airplanes to the Fullest!

Looking to build an ultralight....

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

cdnjaguar

Hey guys!

Just wondering if you can help me out... I am looking to build an Ultralight. I have basic mechanical skills but welding is beyond me at this point, so I'm hoping someone can suggest some plans where welding is not involved. The challenging part, is I'm a big guy (350lbs and 6'2") so I need something that is sturdy and roomy. The fortunate part, is I live in Canada and the Max weight restriction for a Basic Ultralight is 1,200lbs so I'm thinking of converting a 2 place design..... I'm looking for plans to keep the cost down. Spending $20k+ for a kit just isn't in the cards for me right now. i don't need it to be fast, or enclosed, but the option to fold the wings would be nice. I am just getting in to flying and love the grass roots nature of ultralights. They are simple and are purely about man enjoying flight. Love it.

Anyways, thanks in advance for the help!
Mike

Back