• Welcome aboard HomebuiltAirplanes.com, your destination for connecting with a thriving community of more than 10,000 active members, all passionate about home-built aviation. Dive into our comprehensive repository of knowledge, exchange technical insights, arrange get-togethers, and trade aircrafts/parts with like-minded enthusiasts. Unearth a wide-ranging collection of general and kit plane aviation subjects, enriched with engaging imagery, in-depth technical manuals, and rare archives.

For a nominal fee of $99.99/year or $12.99/month, you can immerse yourself in this dynamic community and unparalleled treasure-trove of aviation knowledge.

Embark on your journey now!

Click Here to Become a Premium Member and Experience Homebuilt Airplanes to the Fullest!

Room Temperature for Welding

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

wltrmtty

I've been reading about gas welding and watching videos and everything I see says the ambient room temperature for welding must be 70F minimum with no drafts. This is to prevent brittleness caused by air quenching. Then, I see pictures of very experienced EAA'rs doing gas welding while wearing a jacket or sweatshirt. Clearly, it was cooler than 70F in that shop.

So, you experienced aviation gas welders, what is the minimum ambient temperature for gas welding. (FYI, the manufacturing standard for MIG welding at my company is 50F, minimum.)

Back