• Welcome aboard HomebuiltAirplanes.com, your destination for connecting with a thriving community of more than 10,000 active members, all passionate about home-built aviation. Dive into our comprehensive repository of knowledge, exchange technical insights, arrange get-togethers, and trade aircrafts/parts with like-minded enthusiasts. Unearth a wide-ranging collection of general and kit plane aviation subjects, enriched with engaging imagery, in-depth technical manuals, and rare archives.

For a nominal fee of $99.99/year or $12.99/month, you can immerse yourself in this dynamic community and unparalleled treasure-trove of aviation knowledge.

Embark on your journey now!

Click Here to Become a Premium Member and Experience Homebuilt Airplanes to the Fullest!

Help with aluminum channel

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Flyinpine

I could sure use some help!! My Fisher Horizon plans (like all of Fishers designs) call for the use of 6061 T6 aluminum channel in 1" and 1 1/4" widths for spar carry throughs and to make brackets to attach various tubes. I CANNOT find this stuff ANYWHERE, and have had no response to calls to FFP.
6063 T5 is JUNK and has less than half the strength and is much more brittle....and the corners are not radiused.

Can any of you help me out? I am really stuck.

Back