• Welcome aboard HomebuiltAirplanes.com, your destination for connecting with a thriving community of more than 10,000 active members, all passionate about home-built aviation. Dive into our comprehensive repository of knowledge, exchange technical insights, arrange get-togethers, and trade aircrafts/parts with like-minded enthusiasts. Unearth a wide-ranging collection of general and kit plane aviation subjects, enriched with engaging imagery, in-depth technical manuals, and rare archives.

For a nominal fee of $99.99/year or $12.99/month, you can immerse yourself in this dynamic community and unparalleled treasure-trove of aviation knowledge.

Embark on your journey now!

Click Here to Become a Premium Member and Experience Homebuilt Airplanes to the Fullest!

Glueing Mylar Sheets? What Glue? (or other basic fabric suggestions)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

hollisterco

i´m, looking to use locally available materials only for my first attempt and see mylar being used all the time for the wings, i can get it in 1.5 Metre rolls here but have no idea what to glue it with

its about the only "new generation" material i can get besides ripstop cotton/poly, is there any problems with going full mylar?

i think i can get some dacron reinforced poli but hadn´t considered it much bc it looked like a regular cloth and i thought dacron = heat shrink, i´d have to ask about the dacron % content

what about a thin or thick nylon w/o ripstop combined w mylar?

Back