• Welcome aboard HomebuiltAirplanes.com, your destination for connecting with a thriving community of more than 10,000 active members, all passionate about home-built aviation. Dive into our comprehensive repository of knowledge, exchange technical insights, arrange get-togethers, and trade aircrafts/parts with like-minded enthusiasts. Unearth a wide-ranging collection of general and kit plane aviation subjects, enriched with engaging imagery, in-depth technical manuals, and rare archives.

For a nominal fee of $99.99/year or $12.99/month, you can immerse yourself in this dynamic community and unparalleled treasure-trove of aviation knowledge.

Embark on your journey now!

Click Here to Become a Premium Member and Experience Homebuilt Airplanes to the Fullest!

Wood skell, bike removed,,,UAV?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

TheFlyingBikeGuy

54BCEC65-41E6-4490-B5A7-9862EB61259A.jpeg

So, after a multitude of design considerations, I got to this. Big shrouded 21 inch props, a bit of a blended wing adjunct and lose the bike. Going to be able to test autonomously with short hops. Going to sandbag my payload. So gained on safety for testing. Will prob be able to go UAV as the vehicle will have the software for it. Still believe I can push a 200lbs TOW, dry weigh of vehicle will be 55lbs to conform with current regs in that space.

Anyhow, this is all wood. I was looking at it last night and realized this is the most complex thing I have ever created. Bit of an oops there. Brings me to the old phrase,,,We do this not because it's easy, but because we didn't realize it would be this hard.

Happy sunday all.

Back