• Welcome aboard HomebuiltAirplanes.com, your destination for connecting with a thriving community of more than 10,000 active members, all passionate about home-built aviation. Dive into our comprehensive repository of knowledge, exchange technical insights, arrange get-togethers, and trade aircrafts/parts with like-minded enthusiasts. Unearth a wide-ranging collection of general and kit plane aviation subjects, enriched with engaging imagery, in-depth technical manuals, and rare archives.

For a nominal fee of $99.99/year or $12.99/month, you can immerse yourself in this dynamic community and unparalleled treasure-trove of aviation knowledge.

Embark on your journey now!

Click Here to Become a Premium Member and Experience Homebuilt Airplanes to the Fullest!

Wing Design & Lift formula

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

MojaveDesigns

Good day everyone

I need to know how to use the lift formula, when choosing a wind design please.
Which EASY-to-Understand and easy-to-use book / software program / documents can best teach me this?

eg: If an aircraft's gross weight is 500kg, estimated cruising speed must be 100kts....
1) How do I choose the right wing?
2) How do I use the lift formula to calculate required wing area?
3) How do I determine the stall speed?
4) Which easy-to-use & easy to learn simulator design program can I use to do wind tunnel testing?

Thank you SOOO much for your assistance!!

Best Regards
Werner

Back