• Welcome aboard HomebuiltAirplanes.com, your destination for connecting with a thriving community of more than 10,000 active members, all passionate about home-built aviation. Dive into our comprehensive repository of knowledge, exchange technical insights, arrange get-togethers, and trade aircrafts/parts with like-minded enthusiasts. Unearth a wide-ranging collection of general and kit plane aviation subjects, enriched with engaging imagery, in-depth technical manuals, and rare archives.

For a nominal fee of $99.99/year or $12.99/month, you can immerse yourself in this dynamic community and unparalleled treasure-trove of aviation knowledge.

Embark on your journey now!

Click Here to Become a Premium Member and Experience Homebuilt Airplanes to the Fullest!

What to do with a Challenger II wing?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Batjac1

I acquired a set of Challenger II wings, tail surfaces, and landing gear/wheels a few years ago. From time to time I think about what I’m going to do with them when I finish my CH II. My first thought was to build a version of the Texas Parasol. I got the very first set of plans for the Texas Parasol (long story), and thought that it’d make a nice plane. Then I started thinking a Curtiss Junior type of plane with the same aluminum angle construction. Then a Petit Breezy type plane. All kinds of ideas over the years. The most recent was to just get a Challenger I fuselage and make a floater with the two place wing.

But lately I’ve been re-thinking the Petit Breezy idea. Sorta. Seems that if I ordered a set of Graham Lee ONW/TNW plans and build an ONW with the CH II wings it’d be a nice little single place floater with a rebuilt 447 or equivalent.

Thoughts?

Mark

Back