• Welcome aboard HomebuiltAirplanes.com, your destination for connecting with a thriving community of more than 10,000 active members, all passionate about home-built aviation. Dive into our comprehensive repository of knowledge, exchange technical insights, arrange get-togethers, and trade aircrafts/parts with like-minded enthusiasts. Unearth a wide-ranging collection of general and kit plane aviation subjects, enriched with engaging imagery, in-depth technical manuals, and rare archives.

For a nominal fee of $99.99/year or $12.99/month, you can immerse yourself in this dynamic community and unparalleled treasure-trove of aviation knowledge.

Embark on your journey now!

Click Here to Become a Premium Member and Experience Homebuilt Airplanes to the Fullest!

Staggerwing here I come!

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Staggermania

Hello everyone!
After about a month of trying to register with no luck(some sort of issue with the anti-robot device on the registration page), I am finally in.

I remember my dad taking to Oshkosh back in the eighties(I believe we saw the Concord)and I have wanted to learn to fly, and to build an airplane, ever since. Although I have yet to take a single lesson, I haven't lost the desire. My goal is to earn my private license by my 50th, which is fast approaching(about 3+ years from now.
I have also decided to design my own airplane. A little while ago I ran across a picture of the Beechcraft Staggerwing, and it was love at first site.
I would like to echo the design in my aircraft. Here are my proposed specs -

-True 4 seat
-2600-2800 lb gross(2200 lb typical)
-1000-1200 lb useful load
-relatively low stall speed
-180 mph cruise
-Rotary Power 180 - 200 hp
-800-1000 mile range(My dad lives an hour north of Toronto Canada)
-Composite construction
-Stabilator
-Laminar airfoils
-Thinking possible sidestick configuration

I am not an engineer, but I have been doing a lot of research and I think that my specs are achievable. Of course I could be way off. Anyway, I am very excited, and look forward to being a part of the home-built community, finally:)

StaggerMania

Back