• Welcome aboard HomebuiltAirplanes.com, your destination for connecting with a thriving community of more than 10,000 active members, all passionate about home-built aviation. Dive into our comprehensive repository of knowledge, exchange technical insights, arrange get-togethers, and trade aircrafts/parts with like-minded enthusiasts. Unearth a wide-ranging collection of general and kit plane aviation subjects, enriched with engaging imagery, in-depth technical manuals, and rare archives.

For a nominal fee of $99.99/year or $12.99/month, you can immerse yourself in this dynamic community and unparalleled treasure-trove of aviation knowledge.

Embark on your journey now!

Click Here to Become a Premium Member and Experience Homebuilt Airplanes to the Fullest!

Something old into something new

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I have been away to Holland for a number of weeks to look after family matters.
A friend of mine alerted me of the AVOG Crash museum. These people dig up crashed planes from WW2, they recovered 4 spitfires.
I got in touch with them to see if a visit would be possible as they only open once a month.
I told them about my journey and asked the question if it would be possible to have a piece of a 'real' spitfire which I could incorporate into my build.
They not only opened the doors specially for me but allowed me to search among recovered wrecks to find something suitable.
They have so much recovered items (most beyond salvation), that displaying them all would require a museum 4 times bigger.
I found a canopy slider of the MK9 RM906, in very good condition...This is now going to be part of my build..suddenly my build is getting more provenance.
Pictures attached and a small story (in Dutch) of the RM906 flown by Bill Harvey
Thank you very much Peter and Jan of the AVOG crash museum.
www.crashmuseum.nlthank you AVOG.jpgRM906 slider.jpgCanopy slider RM906.jpg

Attachments

• RM906 slider.jpg
    RM906 slider.jpg
    321.7 KB · Views: 0
  • RM906 canopy slider.jpg
    RM906 canopy slider.jpg
    357.3 KB · Views: 1
Back