• Welcome aboard HomebuiltAirplanes.com, your destination for connecting with a thriving community of more than 10,000 active members, all passionate about home-built aviation. Dive into our comprehensive repository of knowledge, exchange technical insights, arrange get-togethers, and trade aircrafts/parts with like-minded enthusiasts. Unearth a wide-ranging collection of general and kit plane aviation subjects, enriched with engaging imagery, in-depth technical manuals, and rare archives.

For a nominal fee of $99.99/year or $12.99/month, you can immerse yourself in this dynamic community and unparalleled treasure-trove of aviation knowledge.

Embark on your journey now!

Click Here to Become a Premium Member and Experience Homebuilt Airplanes to the Fullest!

Project Airplane with Potential Delamination

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

dog

Our club currently has a lancair project,that I am
doing some research on to help determine its possible
future,I also have calipers.
Last night while digging through all the boxes of parts and going over the airframe,I found that the flange that
the tailplane would bond to,is delaminated from the fueselage,probably from impact,thd flange itself and the airframe are undamaged ,but the bond line will further delaminate with just finger force,no pull out of
fibres from either piece.
Any coments on how to determine the quality of the composite work done would be helpfull,and I will
measure skin thickness at any points that are requested.

Back