• Welcome aboard HomebuiltAirplanes.com, your destination for connecting with a thriving community of more than 10,000 active members, all passionate about home-built aviation. Dive into our comprehensive repository of knowledge, exchange technical insights, arrange get-togethers, and trade aircrafts/parts with like-minded enthusiasts. Unearth a wide-ranging collection of general and kit plane aviation subjects, enriched with engaging imagery, in-depth technical manuals, and rare archives.

For a nominal fee of $99.99/year or $12.99/month, you can immerse yourself in this dynamic community and unparalleled treasure-trove of aviation knowledge.

Embark on your journey now!

Click Here to Become a Premium Member and Experience Homebuilt Airplanes to the Fullest!

Perspex window attachment

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

AncientAviation

Just looking for some guidance from those more knowledgable than me please :)

Mitchell wing B10 as per the 1982 plans call for the perspex to be double sided taped and that's it.
Happy to do that BUT... keen to put a few screws in as well.

Haven't got to it yet but was thinking of something like a 4.5mm hole in the perspex with a say 3.5mm wood screw and washer.
The double sided tape should hold it firm but the extra bit of clearance should allow for some change in temperature.

First question - does the above sound reasonable?

Second question - suggested spacing between the screws?

So some further details... the LE of the perspex tucks under a thin ply gusset so the wind doesn't try rip it off all the time.
The TE sits proud on the rear spar so the air should flow over it and the rear of the wing and again not try rip anything apart.
It is 1mm perspex I'm using - plans were silent about this as it came in the kit I guess.

Pics stolen from Koen's site - Nest of Dragons...

My thanks

Attachments

• Mitch09_480x321.jpg
    Mitch09_480x321.jpg
    28.5 KB · Views: 0
  • Mitch03_480x521.jpg
    Mitch03_480x521.jpg
    40.5 KB · Views: 0
Back