• Welcome aboard HomebuiltAirplanes.com, your destination for connecting with a thriving community of more than 10,000 active members, all passionate about home-built aviation. Dive into our comprehensive repository of knowledge, exchange technical insights, arrange get-togethers, and trade aircrafts/parts with like-minded enthusiasts. Unearth a wide-ranging collection of general and kit plane aviation subjects, enriched with engaging imagery, in-depth technical manuals, and rare archives.

For a nominal fee of $99.99/year or $12.99/month, you can immerse yourself in this dynamic community and unparalleled treasure-trove of aviation knowledge.

Embark on your journey now!

Click Here to Become a Premium Member and Experience Homebuilt Airplanes to the Fullest!

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

jrichey98

I am about 40 and have lived in Kansas all my life, though I do travel quite extensively working in IT.

My father was an Electronic Engineer that designed electronics and radios in the Aviation field for many years starting with King Radio who went through a number of mergers (Bendix King, Allied Signal, Honeywell). He had a private pilot's license and belonged to the Honeywell flight club, he would sometimes take the hardware his team designed up for testing during the certification process. I have always been interested in avionics and aeroplanes. When I was in my teens I wanted to build a KR2S, however nothing came of it. I still enjoy reading about other people's projects and contemplating the possibility of doing something myself.

Best Wishes,
--Jem

Back