• Welcome aboard HomebuiltAirplanes.com, your destination for connecting with a thriving community of more than 10,000 active members, all passionate about home-built aviation. Dive into our comprehensive repository of knowledge, exchange technical insights, arrange get-togethers, and trade aircrafts/parts with like-minded enthusiasts. Unearth a wide-ranging collection of general and kit plane aviation subjects, enriched with engaging imagery, in-depth technical manuals, and rare archives.

For a nominal fee of $99.99/year or $12.99/month, you can immerse yourself in this dynamic community and unparalleled treasure-trove of aviation knowledge.

Embark on your journey now!

Click Here to Become a Premium Member and Experience Homebuilt Airplanes to the Fullest!

New member from Bulgaria

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

e_asphyx

Hi, my name is Eugene. I'm a Russian-born immigrant living in Varna, Bulgaria for past 8 years. I'm a software developer working remotely for a small company in Vancouver. I have fairly wide field of interests including analog black and white photography, arts, electronics, woodworking etc. Until recently I had no interest in aviation but after watching some youtube channels I found myself thinking about building an aircraft. This is how all of my hobbies began. When I encounter a new area I involuntary start to thinking about it from the engineering perspective. Right now I'm at the research phase looking for different sources of inspiration, reading plans and purchasing books. If I decide to start the actual project it will be the most challenging one. I don't even have a workshop and have to rent one.

I'm thinking about a Kolb style two seat tail boom pusher with composite surfaces and composite tail boom tube because it's highly unlikely to find a proper aluminium tube of this size locally. The engine of choice will dictate other design aspects. And there are very few options. B&S industrial engine (even their big block 900-something model) is probably too weak for a two seater. For a very reasonable price I can buy VW 1300 Type 1 or 2.0 Type 2 engine (just those two are available locally) in unknown condition and hire a fellow mechanic to help me to overhaul it. The big advantage is that it doesn't require a reduction unit. And the last option is to purchase a Chinese ATV engine. I just have sent a message to the manufacturer and waiting for a reply.

Back