• Welcome aboard HomebuiltAirplanes.com, your destination for connecting with a thriving community of more than 10,000 active members, all passionate about home-built aviation. Dive into our comprehensive repository of knowledge, exchange technical insights, arrange get-togethers, and trade aircrafts/parts with like-minded enthusiasts. Unearth a wide-ranging collection of general and kit plane aviation subjects, enriched with engaging imagery, in-depth technical manuals, and rare archives.

For a nominal fee of $99.99/year or $12.99/month, you can immerse yourself in this dynamic community and unparalleled treasure-trove of aviation knowledge.

Embark on your journey now!

Click Here to Become a Premium Member and Experience Homebuilt Airplanes to the Fullest!

n00b in Houston preparing to build an Eindecker... hello everyone!

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Quartermaster

Greetings, homebuilders - my name is Jim, I'm in Houston Texas, married father of a seven year old boy, originally a 30yr resident of Southern California (Born & raised) and after moving to Houston about a year ago I decided to cut my project car loose and pursue other projects, as Houston is... a terrible place for a low, fast corner-killing car, I've learned.

Not long after I moved to Houston I found the Lone Star Flight Museum, which maintains all of its historic aircraft in airworthy condition - as a volunteer there since January this year, I've decided to pick up where I left off as a teenager when I started (and ran out of money to finish...) flight school, putting around in Cessnas and Pipers.

Given as I'm a history guy, I've decided to go after an Airdrome Aeroplanes Fokker E.III full-scale kit w/ a VW 2 motor.

I've done cars for many years, wrenching on engines, suspensions turbochargers etc, I think the only real new stuff will be riveting skills, which I've been trying to pick up at the museum where we're doing work on our SBD Dauntless' wings (and reattaching them!)

I look forward to getting better acquainted with the crowd here, I can use all the help you guys have to offer in getting oriented with where to go with my kit build and how to get it done right!

Back