• Welcome aboard HomebuiltAirplanes.com, your destination for connecting with a thriving community of more than 10,000 active members, all passionate about home-built aviation. Dive into our comprehensive repository of knowledge, exchange technical insights, arrange get-togethers, and trade aircrafts/parts with like-minded enthusiasts. Unearth a wide-ranging collection of general and kit plane aviation subjects, enriched with engaging imagery, in-depth technical manuals, and rare archives.

For a nominal fee of $99.99/year or $12.99/month, you can immerse yourself in this dynamic community and unparalleled treasure-trove of aviation knowledge.

Embark on your journey now!

Click Here to Become a Premium Member and Experience Homebuilt Airplanes to the Fullest!

MiraCheck Checklist App for iOS and Android

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Tom Nalevanko

Hi all; I was very happy with an ancient checklist app running on an old iPhone 4s but then it would no longer update so I switched to Apple Notes. This works Ok and has a check off mode and can be pulled across the right 1/3 of my new iPad Pro 10.5 screen. But now I have found a better solution that shows much promise. See pix below where Foreflight is auto-dimmed when using the Checklist. One click on Foreflight for full viewing. Check out www.miracheck.com There is a FREE version with nominal capability that is similar to my old checklists. Editing it in the cloud is easy and fast. A lot of attention to detail has gone into this app.

For the subscription version (free 20 minute Preview), there are a ton of features and this would certainly appeal to someone who flies different types of aircraft. Many free and community contributed checklists and also CheckMate vendor versions are available. Other than its slick design, the app can act as your lowly copilot, reading your checklist to you. It responds to your voice commands (although I have not tested this yet). So you can have a hands free solution with a bluetooth headset. Might be reason enough to buy one...

I had some questions and got a rapid response from Jeff the creator via email. He is a Cessna pilot like many of us. Jeff will be at Oshkosh, Booth 4035B. If you don't download the app, you could check it out there.

It is good to see such innovation in our community. Hope that it is a solution for many of us.

Blue skies,

Tom

Basic.jpg

Back