• Welcome aboard HomebuiltAirplanes.com, your destination for connecting with a thriving community of more than 10,000 active members, all passionate about home-built aviation. Dive into our comprehensive repository of knowledge, exchange technical insights, arrange get-togethers, and trade aircrafts/parts with like-minded enthusiasts. Unearth a wide-ranging collection of general and kit plane aviation subjects, enriched with engaging imagery, in-depth technical manuals, and rare archives.

For a nominal fee of $99.99/year or $12.99/month, you can immerse yourself in this dynamic community and unparalleled treasure-trove of aviation knowledge.

Embark on your journey now!

Click Here to Become a Premium Member and Experience Homebuilt Airplanes to the Fullest!

Looking for an "easy" first project

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

JorgeKitfox

Hola!

My name is Jorge and I am from Spain.

I'm considering to build a plane myself from scratch and I've been gathering information about the single seat very light designs around (airbike, affordaplane and legal eagle mainly).
I have a rotax 503 from a previous ultralight I would like to fit in the future plane, so this is somehow the main reason to chose one or other model ...

I really like the airbike, the look, the structure, the construction which would require welding ... so it would be a good reason to finally learn how to!.
As well, I have some of them flying close to my place in Spain, one of them was built by the actual owner, so that would be a great source of information.
But now, seems to be that the company is not existing anymore ... anyone knows how to get the plans ?

Then the affordplane. I really like the aluminium construction since it would be easier to get than the steel in my place. Since we don't have such a thing as part 103 in my country it would be a registered experimental ultralight. I read about the tend to be heavier than legally required ... not being that an issue for me, my concern would be if I could fit a 503 on it safely. Does anyone know what is the maximum gross weight the structure can handle?

Any other suggestion for a project with rotax 503?

Cheers,
Jorge

Back