• Welcome aboard HomebuiltAirplanes.com, your destination for connecting with a thriving community of more than 10,000 active members, all passionate about home-built aviation. Dive into our comprehensive repository of knowledge, exchange technical insights, arrange get-togethers, and trade aircrafts/parts with like-minded enthusiasts. Unearth a wide-ranging collection of general and kit plane aviation subjects, enriched with engaging imagery, in-depth technical manuals, and rare archives.

For a nominal fee of $99.99/year or $12.99/month, you can immerse yourself in this dynamic community and unparalleled treasure-trove of aviation knowledge.

Embark on your journey now!

Click Here to Become a Premium Member and Experience Homebuilt Airplanes to the Fullest!

KR-100: The KR that never made it to the market

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Will Aldridge

In my browsing around i found the KR-100. Apologies if there is already a thread on this plane but a quick search didn't reveal one to me. Essentially a single seat KR2 that looks a whole lot better than any KR-1 i have seen. Only one built and Rand Robinson was planning on selling plans and parts but then decided there wasn't enough market for 2 single seaters in their lineup. It even raced at Reno a couple of times and posted speeds of 262 mph.

I thought I would post this since it is similar to the WAR replica aircraft in size and construction that have been discussed recently but with none of their obvious failings. Even looks a lot like a Mustang and obviously had pretty good performance.

I got this info from Kr.net. Unfortunately there's not much info on this plane. If I wasn't committed to my own design I would start trying to turn a KR2 into this for myself.

Attachments

• kr100a.jpg
    kr100a.jpg
    28.7 KB · Views: 589
  • kr100c.jpg
    kr100c.jpg
    18.8 KB · Views: 695
Back