• Welcome aboard HomebuiltAirplanes.com, your destination for connecting with a thriving community of more than 10,000 active members, all passionate about home-built aviation. Dive into our comprehensive repository of knowledge, exchange technical insights, arrange get-togethers, and trade aircrafts/parts with like-minded enthusiasts. Unearth a wide-ranging collection of general and kit plane aviation subjects, enriched with engaging imagery, in-depth technical manuals, and rare archives.

For a nominal fee of $99.99/year or $12.99/month, you can immerse yourself in this dynamic community and unparalleled treasure-trove of aviation knowledge.

Embark on your journey now!

Click Here to Become a Premium Member and Experience Homebuilt Airplanes to the Fullest!

Just learning

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Tyger73

Hello, I'm here for research and education before I delve into any project because I've noticed even a small project isn't a small project. I've been looking at a couple plans built projects though, such as the; Davis DA-2, a delta wing, bearcat 4pl, 2 & 4 place stols, a couple gyro's and a couple helicopters.
Background in metal fabrication, machining and welding, woodworking and design.
I've been researching controls; 2 & 3 axis, pull/push rod, cable and fly by wire. Foils, flaperons & ruddervators have also been in my research notes, so to speak.
I have flown in commercial 747, 767 & 777 and that's my extent of any aircraft experience. I have never flown in anything small let alone homebuilt or kit or any kind of experimental. I have however read a bit, watch Mike on MojoGrip on YouTube and a couple of other channels and feel like I'm getting a lot of knowledge out of everything.

Back