• Welcome aboard HomebuiltAirplanes.com, your destination for connecting with a thriving community of more than 10,000 active members, all passionate about home-built aviation. Dive into our comprehensive repository of knowledge, exchange technical insights, arrange get-togethers, and trade aircrafts/parts with like-minded enthusiasts. Unearth a wide-ranging collection of general and kit plane aviation subjects, enriched with engaging imagery, in-depth technical manuals, and rare archives.

For a nominal fee of $99.99/year or $12.99/month, you can immerse yourself in this dynamic community and unparalleled treasure-trove of aviation knowledge.

Embark on your journey now!

Click Here to Become a Premium Member and Experience Homebuilt Airplanes to the Fullest!

How prevalent is corrosion in C85’s?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I’m looking at a very nice EAB with a clean looking C85. My concern is the plane has not flown frequently in the last few years. It’s in a hanger, but the temp and dew point are close a lot of the time. When I visited this week, condensate was all over the exterior of the airplane, but inside the wings and fuselage were very dry.
What are C85 flyers experiencing for internal corrosion? I’m interested in inspection methods, visual pass fail limits, what is tolerable, what’s critical if I do bore scope inspection. Can anyone speak from recent personal experience? Thanks, for your insights.

Back