• Welcome aboard HomebuiltAirplanes.com, your destination for connecting with a thriving community of more than 10,000 active members, all passionate about home-built aviation. Dive into our comprehensive repository of knowledge, exchange technical insights, arrange get-togethers, and trade aircrafts/parts with like-minded enthusiasts. Unearth a wide-ranging collection of general and kit plane aviation subjects, enriched with engaging imagery, in-depth technical manuals, and rare archives.

For a nominal fee of $99.99/year or $12.99/month, you can immerse yourself in this dynamic community and unparalleled treasure-trove of aviation knowledge.

Embark on your journey now!

Click Here to Become a Premium Member and Experience Homebuilt Airplanes to the Fullest!

Hi from Australia, Im interested in info/ advise on Bristol Bulldog construction

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

stephens

let me introduce myself. I'm John Stephens 74 years old. retired RAAF (Australian Air force ) electronics technician. I have 21 years experience working on fighter Aircraft and Missiles (all long retired). I am now a volunteer at the fighter world history and heritage Museum at Williamtown ( 200 kl north of Sydney) Welcome to Fighter World I lead a group of Volunteers that built a WW1 Sopwith Camel from scratch using original 1916 plans. we finished this last year after 10 years work. Non flying for display in the Museum only. Fighterworld is a private Museum but closely associated with the RAAF History and Heritage branch ( part of the Airforce that is tasked with maintaining the RAAF history) The RAAF is the second oldest airforce in the world formed in 1922.
1680217671605.png
Our Airforce adviser has asked me to investigate the possibility of building Bristol Bulldog for display. Apparently the RAAF have the remains of an Australian Bulldog that crashed in the 1930's. They also have some plans obtained from the British RAF. I have seen none of this stuff. I discovered one of your members has constructed a Bulldog?? this is where I am, after help and advise??

Back