• Welcome aboard HomebuiltAirplanes.com, your destination for connecting with a thriving community of more than 10,000 active members, all passionate about home-built aviation. Dive into our comprehensive repository of knowledge, exchange technical insights, arrange get-togethers, and trade aircrafts/parts with like-minded enthusiasts. Unearth a wide-ranging collection of general and kit plane aviation subjects, enriched with engaging imagery, in-depth technical manuals, and rare archives.

For a nominal fee of $99.99/year or $12.99/month, you can immerse yourself in this dynamic community and unparalleled treasure-trove of aviation knowledge.

Embark on your journey now!

Click Here to Become a Premium Member and Experience Homebuilt Airplanes to the Fullest!

Hello from Plano, TX

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

michialt

Hello everyone;

My names Michial, live in Plano, TX (suburb of Dallas). I am just starting my second build, my first was a Volksplane VP1 that I bought partially done, and finished. By trade I am a software developer, and own a small company here in Plano. Previously I have owned a '56 Straight Tailed 172, and performed all work required under the supervision of an A&P, as well I have assisted with the restoration of late 60's 182 which had substantial Hail Damage. Got to buck a lot of rivets on that project :)

My new build is a Gere Sport Biplane, being built from plans that were published in the Flying Manual in 1933ish. When completed it should easily fall within the LSA Category (or at least that's the plan).

Anyway, I am on a few forums, and honestly I would love to meet other builders in the area that both need assistance and that might want to lend a hand too. The Gere Sport is a tube and fabric Fuselage, with built up wood ribs and fabric wings. For me to complete the Gere I will be learning some new skills, such as Tig Welding, Tube Bending, and probably the hardest skill, watching Glue dry with these ribs.

I would love the opportunity to assist anyone else in the area, and even more so if it involves TIG Welding. I have been trying to teach myself, and I am managing with practice on a few other projects, but I still have a long ways to go, and would love the opportunity to assist, watch and learn.

I look forward to meeting/talking with everyone on the forum.

Back