• Welcome aboard HomebuiltAirplanes.com, your destination for connecting with a thriving community of more than 10,000 active members, all passionate about home-built aviation. Dive into our comprehensive repository of knowledge, exchange technical insights, arrange get-togethers, and trade aircrafts/parts with like-minded enthusiasts. Unearth a wide-ranging collection of general and kit plane aviation subjects, enriched with engaging imagery, in-depth technical manuals, and rare archives.

For a nominal fee of $99.99/year or $12.99/month, you can immerse yourself in this dynamic community and unparalleled treasure-trove of aviation knowledge.

Embark on your journey now!

Click Here to Become a Premium Member and Experience Homebuilt Airplanes to the Fullest!

Hello from Germany

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Jonne

Hello all,

just wanted to give you a quick introduction on who I am and how I ended up here.

So just call me Jonne, I am a aviation test engineer from western Germany, currently not a builder yet, but that is very much just a matter of time. Currently at the end of my PPL training, which took quite a bit longer than I anticipated, but that is a story for another day. I also do own an airplane already, which is a 1974 Scheibe SF25D which I bought more or less accidentally and which I am really looking forward to fly ASAP. This has already tought me a bit about onwership, mainly that in a populated area whith not a lot of hangar space, an airplane with the wingspan of a King Air is not an entirely good idea. This already brings me to one major requirement of what I am going to build, whenever that will be. It shall have folding wings, or at least easily removable. Looks like there is quite a lot of kits out there which do incorporate that feature.

To be honest, I was quite sold on the high wing Sonex, until they scrapped the Y-Tail, but in general I have a thing for high-wing taildraggers. Anyway, have not decided on what I am going to build, but again thats just a matter of time and for now I enjoy this great resource of information here and join the conversation.

Back