• Welcome aboard HomebuiltAirplanes.com, your destination for connecting with a thriving community of more than 10,000 active members, all passionate about home-built aviation. Dive into our comprehensive repository of knowledge, exchange technical insights, arrange get-togethers, and trade aircrafts/parts with like-minded enthusiasts. Unearth a wide-ranging collection of general and kit plane aviation subjects, enriched with engaging imagery, in-depth technical manuals, and rare archives.

For a nominal fee of $99.99/year or $12.99/month, you can immerse yourself in this dynamic community and unparalleled treasure-trove of aviation knowledge.

Embark on your journey now!

Click Here to Become a Premium Member and Experience Homebuilt Airplanes to the Fullest!

Hello from Detroit area

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

twojtyniak

Hello, friends!

My name is Tim and I am in the Detroit suburb of Utica. I joined the forum to stay connected with the idea of flying when there is a bit more time. Have Private Pilot License, but haven't flown in a few years. I moved back to home town to take care of my father's estate, which includes a Sonrai IILS kit purchased back in the 80s that has been stored, unopened since then. I would like to sell that kit for now and build something else later.

I would appreciate any counsel people may have on how to determine what I have, describe it, and determine a fair price for sale. Plans show serial number 0014. I'm confident it is complete airframe kit, bronze canopy, likely with the preformed rib option, optional turtledeck fuel tank, both tanks with explosafe (is that a thing anymore?).

Back