• Welcome aboard HomebuiltAirplanes.com, your destination for connecting with a thriving community of more than 10,000 active members, all passionate about home-built aviation. Dive into our comprehensive repository of knowledge, exchange technical insights, arrange get-togethers, and trade aircrafts/parts with like-minded enthusiasts. Unearth a wide-ranging collection of general and kit plane aviation subjects, enriched with engaging imagery, in-depth technical manuals, and rare archives.

For a nominal fee of $99.99/year or $12.99/month, you can immerse yourself in this dynamic community and unparalleled treasure-trove of aviation knowledge.

Embark on your journey now!

Click Here to Become a Premium Member and Experience Homebuilt Airplanes to the Fullest!

Hello again!

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Aerowerx

Thought it was about time I "come clean", since some of you may have wondered where I've been.

I have stopped my build and decided not to continue. My decision to build was made at a time of very high stress, and I now realize that it was done as an escape---not a good reason to do anything. And I will admit that I was not doing a very good job. This was because I had very few chances to work on the build, and when I did I felt like I had to hurry because I didn't know when I would be able to work on it again. I short, it was not very relaxing.

Now Better Half is in a nursing home. She still demands my attention, but at least I do not have the stress of personally caring for someone with an incurable disease, in addition to working full time on a job I really don't care for. I am learning to relax again. I am also planning to retire sometime this year, so the other major stress point will be gone.

Having said all that...I am still interested in aviation and aircraft design, and the last few weeks I have found myself again thinking of tailless aircraft design. Something small and light weight. If not part 103 then at least LSA. Maybe along the lines of a trike but with a rigid wing and full 3-axis control.

I see that I have 2 notices. I will check them after sending this.

Back