• Welcome aboard HomebuiltAirplanes.com, your destination for connecting with a thriving community of more than 10,000 active members, all passionate about home-built aviation. Dive into our comprehensive repository of knowledge, exchange technical insights, arrange get-togethers, and trade aircrafts/parts with like-minded enthusiasts. Unearth a wide-ranging collection of general and kit plane aviation subjects, enriched with engaging imagery, in-depth technical manuals, and rare archives.

For a nominal fee of $99.99/year or $12.99/month, you can immerse yourself in this dynamic community and unparalleled treasure-trove of aviation knowledge.

Embark on your journey now!

Click Here to Become a Premium Member and Experience Homebuilt Airplanes to the Fullest!

Greetings

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
M

mgrue

Hello My name is Mark. Been working on airplanes for about 40 years. Worked for several companies both large and small mostly in the research and development areas. I am in Afghanistan now working on helicopters for the army. Built several homebuilts for others but am working on the design of one for myself. I started building it several years ago and ran out of money for it. I will restart the project when I return. The engine I had envisioned for it is a deltahawk diesel. Not sure though. It is a single seat canard pusher about 10 ft long and 16 ft wing span. It has an 8 ft main panel on the wing and an 8 ft canard. the outer 4 ft panels on each side are removable for hauling in a trailer. I am working on the wing design now but envision carbon fiber on the bottom and carbon fiber and Kevlar upper skin sandwich. the spar will be the same over a foam core. about 15 gallons of fuel in each wing with a 10 gallon sump tank in the belly below and in front of the engine. Canard is an aluminum tube spar with a carbon fiber over foam skin. Still working on the layups for it all though. I am stressing it for +9 and -6 g. I would not be able to do that but I think the plane should be able to. Any questions comments or concerns let me know. Mark

Back