• Welcome aboard HomebuiltAirplanes.com, your destination for connecting with a thriving community of more than 10,000 active members, all passionate about home-built aviation. Dive into our comprehensive repository of knowledge, exchange technical insights, arrange get-togethers, and trade aircrafts/parts with like-minded enthusiasts. Unearth a wide-ranging collection of general and kit plane aviation subjects, enriched with engaging imagery, in-depth technical manuals, and rare archives.

For a nominal fee of $99.99/year or $12.99/month, you can immerse yourself in this dynamic community and unparalleled treasure-trove of aviation knowledge.

Embark on your journey now!

Click Here to Become a Premium Member and Experience Homebuilt Airplanes to the Fullest!

Greetings from the US Military

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Whatifmachine

Hello everyone,
I am active duty US Navy, and soon to be veteran, stationed in the middle east right now.
I hope in the future to find the financial fortitude to be able to both complete private pilot training, and to build my own aircraft. I can't do that now, I married a great woman, and a great deal of debt, and so every free dollar goes to bills. I don't regret my choice for marriage, only the financial issues that have come along with it.
I frequently find myself asking questions about things like, why couldn't a V8 engine be modified to run at 2700 RPM? A lycoming and a chevy are both internal combustion engines, why should one run at twice the speed of the other, and things along those lines. Those questions bring me to browsing these forums, and then I hang around for hours as a lurker.
Here I am, lurker no more.

Back